What Is The Definition Of Acid Drop In Skateboarding?
1. An acid drop is a trick in which a skateboarder rides off of a ledge and stays on the board without doing an ollie. The skater should try to maintain momentum so that after landing, the board hits the ground smoothly and continues rolling. This trick differs from a bomb drop where a skateboarder starts from a standing position at the edge of a ledge and jumps onto the board before it hits either a ramp or the ground. The acid drop trick is generally credited to professional skateboarder Duane Peters.
Follow these steps to complete an acid drop:
- Gently push off with your back foot as you roll off the ledge. Keep your feet in contact with the board.
- Lean back a bit as you transition to the ground to keep your balance.
- Bend your knees as you make contact with the ground.
Video: How To Do An Acid Drop
Examples Of How Acid Drop Is Used In Commentary
1. Greco progressed through the course rapidly by executing smooth acid drops to get down from high ledges.
Sports The Term Is Used: