What Is The Definition Of Barley Grind In Skateboarding?
1. A Barley grind is a trick in which a skateboarder approaches a rail backside and does a frontside 180 into a switch frontside smith grind. The back truck grinds along the rail and the front truck hangs off the side. This trick is named after Donny Barley, who completed the trick in a movie titled Welcome to Hell released by the Toy Machine skateboarding company.
Follow these steps to complete a Barley grind:
- Roll along the side of a rail with your back to the rail.
- Push down with your back foot to raise the front of the board onto the rail.
- Spin your body so that you are facing the rail.
- Lean on your back foot to keep the board in contact with the rail throughout the grind.
- Bend your knees as you make contact with the ground.
Videos: How To Do A Barley Grind
Examples Of How Barley Grind Is Used In Commentary
1. Dixon approached the rail backside and went into an unbelievably long Barley grind all the way down.
Sports The Term Is Used: