What Is The Definition Of Body Varial In Skateboarding?
1. A body varial is a trick in which the skateboarder jumps off the board while it is in motion, turns 180 degrees, and lands back on the board as it rolls. This is a variation on a hippie jump and can be done with a frontside or backside turn. A more advanced version of the trick involves completing an ollie with a body varial.
Follow these steps to complete a body varial:
- Roll your board at a medium speed, then crouch down slightly.
- As you jump up off the board, twist your shoulders and arms in the direction of your spin to rotate in the air.
- Place your feet back on the board facing the opposite direction. Avoiding leaning forward or backward as you land.
- Crouch as you land to maintain balance.
Examples Of How Body Varial Is Used In Commentary
1. O’Neill quickly switched to face the opposite direction thanks to a body varial completed between ramps.
Sport The Term Is Used:
Also Known As:
1. Sex change (though this term has fallen out of fashion in recent years)