What Is The Definition Of Crooked Grind In Skateboarding?
1. A crooked grind is a trick in which a skateboarder grinds along a rail using the front truck. The nose of the board slides along the rail as the grind is completed. The rest of the board is angled outward to achieve this position, so the back trucks do not come into contact with the rail.
Follow these steps to complete a crooked grind:
- Approach the rail or ledge backside and pop up into an ollie.
- Place the front trucks along edge of the rail. Lock into this position by putting your weight on your front foot.
- Pop the board up very slightly at the end to jump off at the edge of the rail. Land with knees bent to maintain momentum.
Video: How To Do A Crooked Grind
Examples Of How Crooked Grind Is Used In Commentary
1. Gonzales has completed so many crooked grinds that he seems to lock into place on a rail effortlessly.
Sports The Term Is Used:
Also Known As:
3. Pointer Grind