What Is The Definition Of Five-Hole In Hockey?
1. This refers to the gap that is between a goaltender’s legs in ice hockey.
The term “five-hole” refers to the fifth “hole” or spot that a player can score on the goalie. The other four holes around the goal are as follows:
- The top right corner of the net, above the goalie’s right shoulder
- The top left corner of the net, above the goalie’s left shoulder
- The lower left side of the net, to glove side of a goalie
- The lower right side of the net, to the stick side of the goalie
Examples Of How Five-Hole Is Used In Commentary
1. The defenseman sends the one timer through the goalie’s five-hole for the first goal of the game.
Sport The Term Is Used
1. Ice Hockey