What Is The Definition Of Rebound?
What Is A Rebound In Basketball?
1. A rebound occurs in basketball when a player gains possession of the basketball after a missed field goal, three-point field goal or free throw attempt. The basketball usually hits off the rim or the backboard before the player gains possession of the ball and is credited with the rebound. However, a player will not be given credit for a rebound after gaining possession of the ball after a blocked shot. There are only two different kinds of rebounds in basketball and they’re called offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds.
What Is A Rebound In Ice Hockey?
1. A rebound in hockey is when the puck bounces off any part of the goalie after they make a save and the puck still remains in play.
What Is A Rebound In Soccer?
1. A rebound in soccer is when the ball bounces off the goalie after they make a save and the ball remains in play.
Examples Of How Rebound Is Used In Commentary
1. The center boxes out his opponent and grabs the defensive rebound after the missed three.
2. The center scores on the rebound from the right wing’s shot and puts his team ahead by one goal.
3. The goalie makes the initial save, but the attacker is right there to kick the rebound into the goal immediately.
Sports The Term Is Used