What Is The Definition Of A Baserunner In Baseball?
1. A baserunner is an offensive player in baseball that reaches base safely. There can be up to three baserunners on base at on-time, not counting the batter.
While on-base, a baserunner can advance to another base by:
- Stealing a base
- Tagging up
- The batter gets a hit that allows the runner to advance
- An error
- A passed ball or wild pitch
- The batter gets a walk that forces the baserunner or baserunners to advance one base
Examples Of How Baserunner Is Used In Commentary
1. The baserunner gets a good jump on the pitch and easily steals second base.
Sports The Term Is Used
Also Known As: