What Is The Definition Of Pepper In Volleyball?
1. This is a drill in volleyball where the ball is hit/bumped back and forth among teammates, but without the net in the middle. Typically, two players will face each other and will distance themselves at least five feet apart, but no more than 20 feet, depending on their preference.
A cycle of pepper consists of the following sequence:
- Player 2 tosses or bumps the ball to Player 1 to begin pepper.
- Player 1 passes the ball back to Player 2.
- Player 2 sets the ball up to Player 1.
- Player 1 spikes the ball to Player 2, forcing Player 2 to dig the ball.
- Player 1 sets the ball off of Player 2’s dig.
- Player 2 spikes the ball to Player 1.
- Player 1 receives the spike and passes the ball to Player 2.
- Repeat cycle.
Examples Of How Pepper Is Used In Commentary
1. The girls pair up and go through a few cycles of pepper in order to warm-up for the game.
Sport The Term Is Used